Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last post for 2010, more news and quips from GZ in 2011!

Today's GZ post is a special one. Not only does it ring in the holidays in a style only myself and my loyal readers can enjoy, but it is also the last post of 2010. Next year I will keep reporting on whatever I deem necessary and worthy of being mentioned here and hopefully I get more feedback from my readers as well as more content contributions. I was considering a name change of the blog too, but honestly I can't think of anything better unless I change it to "Games and Zombies" or something. In any case, I won't be winning awards for blog titles and I am okay with that. I do have some gaming news to pass along, but before I do I wanted to say how hilarious today's picture is. Back in 2008 a guy named Sean Bieri released a series of these on the net and I just found them. It's amazing what turns up when you take two seemingly unrelated topics and google search them together. Marvelous. I put a few of his images in the midst of today's post. There is a funny zombie xmas movie I found that is embedded after the news to top it all off. Enjoy and Happy Holidays from Game Zombie!

Da' News

Valve announced, via its blog, that Left 4 Dead community created content is coming to the Xbox360! Previously this was for PC only, but valve is going to pick the best of the best and make it available for 360 players too! Bravo!


Also the moment we have all been waiting for....more Left 4 Dead plushies! A perfect stocking stuffer!

So Dead Space 2 is set for a February 1st release date in  2011. To get your appetite wet the demo was released on Xbox Live yesterday and to get you drooling some more, here are a few videos.





So Red Dead Redemption won the VGA for 2010 Game of the Year and for good reason. I actually ended up purchasing a copy for $30 on Black Friday and I am glad I did. This game will have so much replay value for years to come. For those that missed out, you can get if from Xbox games on demand over Live. $60 though.


Little Big Planet 2 goes gold for January 18th 2011. This game is going to be viral. It will certainly sell more PS3 systems. I love the first one but I barely scratched the surface of what is possible in it. The sequel will blow our minds.

Destructoid posted a preview of Uncharted 3 and all I can say is I want it now. This will be yet another super feather in the Sony PS3 hat.

Well CoD: Black Ops has officially broke 1 Billion in sales. A stunning achievement that will only get bigger. The first DLC dubbed "First Strike" for Black Ops is due to hit Feb 1 2011. No word on pricing yet. The pack will have 4 new multi-player maps and 1 new zombie map. The weekend before will be free multiplayer weekend on Live for those few out there with a silver membership.


So that is the news. Here is the zombie xmas movie I promised you and one more pic from the Bieri collection. See you in 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment