Monday, June 14, 2010

Zombie News Special E3 Edition



It's that time of year again when all of gamedom's media and journalists converge for the single biggest game event in the states. It's of course time for the Electronic Entertainment Expo aka E3. Since I am just a lowly blogger and not affiliated with any gaming media company, I do not have a pass to go and experience this for myself. To do that would be a dream come true for me. Alas, all of my postings will be secondhand from sites like Destructoid, Joystiq, and others. This edition of Zombie News and perhaps the next one will be labeled as E3 editions. I took a gander at the coverage this afternoon and came up with a few points of interest as I followed the stream of updates and cliff notes from Microsoft's press conference today. Check this out!




Highlights from the Microsoft E3 Conference:

- I got most excited about the news of a new slimmer Xbox360 being released...NOW. On store shelves next week. Here is a pic from the presentation. (Yes I want one...eventually.)


- Microsoft pimped the new Kinect (formerly Project Natal) motion controller pretty hard. 15 launch titles when the device releases Nov. 4
- During the Kinect portion, a new partnership with ESPN was announced. 3,500 events live and in demand. NBA, MLB, NCAA, soccer, Sports Center. It's an exclusive partnership. No NFL or NHL mentioned.
- Bungie showed off the first parts of the new Halo: Reach campaign. There is space combat!
- They also showed off new footage for Metal Gear Solid: Rising, CoD: Black Ops, and Gears of War 3.

Overall, I think the content our of the Microsoft conference was solid. I think that Kinect will be awesome and futuristic, but until we see some hardcore titles like Halo or Call of Duty I will be on the sidelines.

Other tidbits of info:

Call of Duty DLC will launch first on Xbox Live for the foreseeable future.
New video of Dead Space 2's "The Puker" ending our hero's quest. Eww.
Joystiq gives us fresh pics of the new Xbox360 Slim. Sweetness.
Forza + Kinect= Coolness If you love Forza. You HAVE to see this.
New Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood game set for Nov. 16th; new trailer.


More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment