Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Zombie News No.26


Wow so thank all of you for keeping the flame burning here on GZ. I was surprised to see I had a few more followers on Twitter and that the traffic here has remained steady. Granted that was probably credited to only a few people and maybe some blog bots, but hey I can dream right? Well since I have so much to cover in the week since my last post, I am going with a slightly different format here. Basically a list of links with some of my sly comments to the side. The CoD Black Ops train is full speed ahead as it is basically dominating my choice of news here. Don't let that deter you zombie lovers though because I played Dead Rising 2 Case Zero and after this post, I will be typing up my impressions. Want a hint? September 28th can't come fast enough!

Da News

Call of Duty related
 Ed Harris and Gary Oldman to lend voice talent to Black Ops. - Great actors! Heavy price I am sure.
 Black Ops Previews: Dtoid, Joystiq - The critic train for CoD is in full effect. Skepticism followed by praise.
 Killstreak Rewards Revealed - I am all about calling in the attack dogs.
 Training Mode will recruit more players in multiplayer - Wha?! They need more? Yup. Survey says 30% play single-player only. 
Special Edition Tritton CoD headset. - I want them.

Monday Night Combat update and DLC details - So the DLC will be free? SWEET.
Dead Rising 2 Case Zero sells 300k copies in first week - This is how you do a demo/intro to a game. 
Portal 2 Co-Op Video is a MUST see. - I literally might pee my pants when I play this for the first time.

Jim Sterling plays Duke Nukem Forever at PAX 2010.  - Holy f*cking sh*t!!! It's a miracle.

Last week 600 Best Buy retail stores started their game trade-in program. - Great more places to get pittance for old games I own.
Microsoft raising price of Xbox Live Gold subscriptions to $59.99.  - That's because ESPN wanted a piece of the pie. Yes we will pay it, but only because we love Live.

Well that's what I picked out of the pile of updates I had for the past week. I am really loving the whole Duke Nukem return and Portal 2 Co-op stuff. Next year will be awesome, and these next few months will churn out some A+ titles too. Sit back and charge your batteries people because gaming is entering its next golden age.

No comments:

Post a Comment