Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gears of War 3 Announcement - April 2011

Cliff made it official last night on Jimmy Fallon's show. Gears of War 3 is in development, and is slated for a April 2011 release. Gamers rejoice!! Finally we will be able to see what kind of ending series heroes Marcus and Dom will endure. The April release for this game is interesting to me. It seems to follow a recent trend for big name titles being released during spring versus the traditional onslaught of stellar holiday titles. I think publishers are starting to realize that gamers will buy at any point in the year and that competition is stiff during the last half of the year, which translates to potentially fewer sales numbers. In any case, this is a great series and having played through both titles I am eager to see where this train stops. Knowing Cliffy B, it will be one hell of a ride. I hope the difficulty is ramped up a bit because Gears 2 was a breeze for me and my bud. Ok so the big release has a big trailer to accompany it right? Hell yes it does.


I particularly took note of two things in the trailer, 1) Dom has a fantastic beard and 2) A female solider (Anaya?) hands Dom a rifle. Does that mean my wife can play co-op as a female COG soldier now? Here's hoping. Below are a few links to gaming sites with more info on the release. Enjoy.

Gears of War 3 - IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid
***UPDATE****
Dtoid reported via Cliffy B's twitter that 4 player co-op will be in the Gears 3 campaign. Boo-yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment