Monday, April 5, 2010

Zombie News 10th Edition

First Nibble

April will kick off what should be an unusually good crop of games coming out. Traditionally, this is a slow time of year in the gaming industry, but this quarter has a substantial amount of promise to it with some hotly anticipated titles coming out. Over the weekend I read OXM's 4-page cover story on Ghost Recon: Future Solider and they have really brought the excitement level for this title up a few notches. I took some time this Easter weekend and played some more Assassin's Creed 2 and God of War 3. I am beginning to understand why AC2 was Game of the Year last year and why God of War 3 is the pinnacle of what the series should be. I know I still have a review to post on it, but I am juggling that with the many other things going on. Trust me though, the game is fantastic and must buy for any GOW fan.

Game News

A new Zombie game on Xbox Live. Zombie Square. Let me know how it is.
Borderlands Add-on pack is shipping out now.
BLUR multiplayer beta open to all next week.
A wealth of Halo: Reach news from Bungie.

Other News

A Pokemon MMO? Not any more, Nintendo smacks the fan-made site like a pimp.
Microsoft does some pimp-slapping of its own. Suing Datel over controller design.

Cool Stuff

Plants vs. Zombies plushies? Yes please!
Milla Jovovich returns in yet another Resident Evil movie. Trailer here.


I know it was released back in Nov.09, but its still awesome. Assassin's Creed 30-minute short film.

Closing Cut

Well that's all the news worth of posting over the weekend. I had great time watching the AC2 short film. First time I have watched it actually, and I thought it was spectacular. I really hope someone will take this to the feature-film level. Speaking of feature film, ALL of you Zombies should have April 16th marked on your calendar for the opening night of the movie "Kick-Ass" which I am totally geeked up for. Catch the trailers on YouTube. My kind of film! Til' next time peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment