Thursday, July 29, 2010

100 Posts!! Zombie News No. 23

Unnhhnn? 100 posts you say?
I can hardly believe it. 100 posts later and I am still here posting my heart away. Who knew I had that kind of staying power. I haven't given up on my dream of having an interactive community of gamers and zombie lovers visiting and commenting on my site/blog. Eventually, I will get off my tush and buy a domain name. For now, I am just trying to get more readers. Baby steps right? Or better yet un-dead shambling steps!


So as any dreary-eyed and caffeine induced PC gamer knows by now StarCraft II made its much anticpated release unto the masses on Tuesday. A fellow blogger who goes by JB has posted his intial impressions on the game, and Joystiq has posted a full review on it already. For you hold-outs, Kmart is running a $20 off sale that ends tomorrow.
Alan Wake has still not graced my 360 console, but for those that actually bought the game you got some free DLC content ready to take you back into Bright Falls. Go download the "The Signal" from the marketplace now!

Destructoid is giving us a reason to be excited about Madden NFL 11. In the way of a contest which includes  a NEW XBOX360 SLIM!! Simple contest (and fun) to enter. Just find a public place and strike a pose. Hell run a few plays with your buddies in the middle of the shopping mall. Best pic/video wins it all. Details here. Oh and for us skeptics (Aye!) on yearly reboots of said game the demo is out for your abusing.

I went back and read the July OXM report on Call of Duty: Black Ops this morning. I am so stoked to get my zombie paws on it! The highlights from the report detail the single-player campaign which sounds amazing with everything from flying an SR-71 blackbird, sneaking up on VietCong in man-made tunnels, and using a crossbow (with optional explosive tip arrows) to silently take out enemies. It's a must read and will get your heart pumping with just the thought of it! Oh and by the way, the graphics in this game look to surpass any other CoD game before it. With screens like the one below we could all be in for some visceral and stunning imagery. 

Time for some fun and interesting facts! GameStop has acquired the online game site Kongregate. For those that don't know, Kongregate is chock full of HIGH-quality flash games for you to enjoy. Case in point the game Mastermind. Not sure what the retailer has in mind for this acquisition but I am sure greedy executives are behind it. 

The beloved Major Nelson from Xbox Live gave a link on a recent tweet that is actually a pretty interesting read for the techie in all of us. Ever wanted to know how it is Rockstar can tell you how many pedestrians you ran over in GTA IV? It's a bit of a high-level read so if you don't have an IT background, you might skip it. Still, its fun to know how developers get all of these cool game stats!

Finally, Joystiq came across some plushies that are just downright adorable and cool. Portal 2 themed plushies no less! Here you can buy a GLaDos emotional spheres that repeat funny quips and phrases from the Portal game. I checked and it seems every nerd on the internet purchased one so you will have to wait for more to become available. For $45 I think I can wait, barely.

Until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment