Saturday, July 24, 2010

Some Weekend Gaming Morsels

Yup I got some decent stuff to share on a Saturday afternoon! Lets get to it shall we?

You might of heard of a shooter called Medal of Honor (a new game, old title) that will be hitting store shelves and your wallet on October 12th of this year. Well what you might not have heard is that this latest version is actually based on input from real Tier 1 operators that serve the US military machine. The modern day bad-ass is depicted as realistically as possible in this shooter, which is being developed by well known DICE studios. Joystiq has a preview of the single-player game up on their site and a guy from Dtoid gets upset about playing as al-Qaeda in multi-player.

Little Big Planet 2 is on its way to PS3 consoles November 16th and there will be a collector's edition and pre-order bonuses available. There are so many ways to dress your sack! Erm...your character affectionately known as Sackboy.

Dtoid posted their impressions of the new Madden NFL 11 Demo due out next week. Honestly, I would be hard pressed to buy another yearly football game. I catch the football fever every year and watch as many games as I can, but after the season ends that's it I'm done and so is any football game. It has been awhile for me so if this demo is good....I might rent it.

Blowing everyone away at Comic-Con this week with news of a new Dragon Age 2 game was Bioware. The original received high marks for a great story and gameplay. Normally I don't post about RPG games that much, but rumor has it this one is darker, brutal, and over the top. Anything with that description is worth taking a look right?


Finally, what would a weekend post be without yet another game with zombies in it? A zombie-less post that's what. Actually this game has been out for a little while on the PS3 network. It's called Burn Zombie Burn. Simple and effective right? This little romp has you cooking up a zombie BBQ with hero Bruce and his flamethrower. It even has a dance-gun that makes all of the zombie dance for a few moments a la thriller. The latest news has it set to come out on PC via Steam this August. Enjoy the video and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. "Honestly, I would be hard pressed to buy another yearly football game."
    Yea, the last football game I purchased was ESPN NFL 2K5. When EA purchased the "exclusive" license that year, I said I wouldn't purchase an EA football game because of it.

    Sure enough, I haven't purchased an EA football game(or any other) since then.

    ReplyDelete