Thursday, August 26, 2010

Awesome Mass Effect M8 Replica Gun

Commander Shepard would be proud.
I have seen a lot of awesome replica props from games and movies. I rarely met one that I didn't like or at least thought it was interesting. I still think the God of War Chaos Blade replica is one of the coolest props around, but those don't come with a "how it's made" recap for all to see and make feeble attempts at recreating. Harrison Krix who runs a blog called Volpin Props just posted this work of art you see above. It's a replica of the M8 Assault Rifle used my Commander Shepard and crew in the Mass Effect games. An amazing accomplishment! He details how he made it here on his blog. And by detail I mean he provides pictures and explanations of what he did and why. Cool no? A really enjoyable read that makes you appreciate his skill, the badass f*cking tools he has in his shop, and the creativity. It indeed will inspire you to think what you can do in your own garage. Guess its time to start saving up for that vacuformer?

BTW here are the Chaos Blades I spoke of. Temporarily out of stock at a cool $299.

No comments:

Post a Comment