Tuesday, August 3, 2010

EA is evil. NBA Elite 11 will come with NBA Jam in HD

An imminent boom shaka-la-ka
Is that not a great NBA Jam pic? Anyways, I thought it worth mentioning that EA is indeed some league of evil geniuses that go and do things like including NBA Jam with purchases of NBA Elite 11. I still have a love of basketball that is ingrained within me since my more youthful days and NBA Jam is very much a part of that. Even though I don't play many basketball games on my consoles, there is just something about NBA Jam that captures my inner child and turns it into a straight up half-court-shooting, net-burning, backboard-breaking, dunk machine.

NBA Jam is being released on the Wii October 5th. It's a full featured game with new modes and old modes and simple controls. This evil plan to entice the next gen console crowd into buying a simulation game like NBA Elite 11 just to get NBA Jam in HD is genius. The catch is that this HD version is not the full-featured one that Wii owners will get. Instead the HD version will inlcude the classic campaign (ladder style tournament), a play-now mode, and online play.

The evil I speak of is that those of us who were holding out for a release of NBA Jam on Live or PSN will now be tempted to buy NBA Elite 11 just to get NBA Jam. So instead of spending $15 or whatever for a possible downloadable version, we can spend $60 and get it with NBA Elite 11.

Is it worth it? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment