Friday, August 6, 2010

Zombie News No. 24 + Name Suggestion Box

I bet the inventor of the Successories brand never thought that his idea of putting a great picture on top of a word that describes it, and then putting a little quip underneath the whole thing explaining why he chose that word, would ever take off like it did. Wonder what happened to that dude? Besides getting rich? The pic to the left here is what I always envisioned my basement looking like. I definitely have more work to do in that area!
So I have something for all my readers to ponder over. My blog is called Game Zombie and I honestly had no idea about the other Game Zombie sites out there. Go ahead and google it and you will see what I mean. There is even a facebook page for some other site that is run by a guy in PA. I love that people think Game Zombie is a cool name, but I value originality. So here is what I want you all to help me with. I don't like to follow the crowd and Game Zombie is a great description for this site, but now that I see these others out there I have to ask what other name could I use? Leave your suggestions in the comments below and in 2 weeks I will take your suggestions and a few my own and we will all vote on it. On to the news!

Game News

The Red Dead Redemption patch is live. Dtoid reports. Of all the bugs they fixed I would have left this one: Occasionally, the player would not recover from being drunk.


Batman Arkham City officially announced! This has been big news lately as most critics gave the first game high marks. I just beat it (late show) and I will have a mini-review up this weekend. I like the image on the cover of GI. With Catwoman being pictured here it has got the Co-Optimus guys nerding out on the premise that co-op could be in this next installment. 


Ever hear of a game called Monday Night Combat? Well its a very well put together TF2-type game where you will have several classes to choose from to take into an arena for battle against another team. I think it shows alot of promise and being a downloadable game $15 it has a ton of replay value in it. Here is a great walk-through from the developers as they go through the game and show you that its all about a piece of bacon doing high-five with a shotgun shell. 





Remember how many records Modern Warfare 2 broke last year? Yeah well Activision is saying this year's Call of Duty: Black Ops is on pace to smash that record. IGN reports.  I am pumped up to play the game, but if it ends up being another glitchy multi-player mess I will be back on the boycott bus. I can already see the map-packs for this one costing $20. Oh and by the way, Wii owners will get their wiimote hands on this one too.

Codemasters announces yet another Operation Flashpoint game. This one is called Red River. According to the Dtoid report, this one is gonna have 4 player drop-in drop-out co-op with better AI all around. I was a huge fan of the original on PC, but mediocre showings afterwards have kept me from going back. This looks to be going down the co-op road like Ghost Recon is and that could be a good thing. Will keep an eye on this as it gets closer to a 2011  release date. 


Cool Stuff


Dtoid had a link to this guys site that did some web-comics on Red Dead Redemption that, provided you played the game before, are just downright hilarious. If haven't played RDR it's still funny, but not as much. I highly recommend you check it out. I went through all of them that have been done so far.


Remember the funny looking heads you could slam on a zombie's head in Dead Rising? I found out today its called a Servbot head! Even better news is that Capcom is selling some! No not the ones you can wear, which would be cool to use as a prank on someone, but as a bobble-head! Dtoid has the scoop along with this pic. 




Lastly, something to do with zombies (imagine that). I found a fellow blogger site and very talented artist named Rob Sacchetto who creates rather detailed and instantly mesmerizing zombie portraits of Hollywood celebrities. This one below is a disturbing version of Tiger Woods. Brilliant I say. Check out his site and pay your respects to a fellow zombie lover. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment