Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Zombie News 4th Edition

Opening Salvo

If you wondering why there is an awesome picture of a ridiculous but VERY real gun to the left then you are in luck! I got my first Zombie news suggestion from a loyal reader and its a real killer! I recently played the Just Cause 2 Demo and will be posting my impressions later today. Also on the horizon are my impressions of the new racing game Blur which I recently received my beta code for. Lots of game news coming out this week from all the usual suspects and thats largely due to the fact the GDC (Game Developers Conference) show is going on and lots of things are being revealed. Here is the news in this 4th edition!


Game Reviews

Final Fantasy has released. Here is the review - Does anyone want to submit a review for posting here on Game Zombie? Leave a comment.


Game News

Joystiq Impressions on new Medal of Honor - I read a preview in OXM and man, they are really pouring some time and money into this. I guess they want some Call of Duty money.
Bioshock 2 DLC "Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack" hits Xbox Live and PSN
Journalists get a crack at Mafia II Dtoid, Joystiq, IGN
Splinter Cell Conviction gets a nice write up from the IGN boys - I love it. This game will ROCK!
Gamspot demos SOCOM 4


Cool Stuff

Sony dubs new motion controller "Playstation Move" and SOCOM 4 will support it. - looks good!
OMG! A Ghost Recon movie?! wOOt! - Not a feature-length film kiddies. But still!


Other News

An online gaming service that streams the games to you? No gaming rig required? Hmmm..
Future Soliders are in our...well future. Paging Master Chief!


News from the Zombie horde


Zombie Gun Contest! (thanks Keith) This is where all your questions about the LCW AR-15 (gun pic above) are answered. Yes its a real gun, and yes it will totally kick Zombie ass. The article posted by Outdoor Life is a funny read, but the guns are awesome-ly real. I will take the 870 shotty and the Para .45 please. Just like Francis in Left 4 Dead.


Closing Comments

Alright readers, one of you has come through with some worthy news, now I just need the rest of you to step it up and make some submissions for the next edition of the Zombie News. Keeping that in mind, I was serious when I asked for a review of FF13. I am not much of an RPG fan, so to keep the RPG crowd happy, why not ask someone to post a review right? On a different front, I have playing around with my new Flip Video camera and I must say its a nifty piece of gadgetry. I noticed that it works well when recording a TV or LCD picture too, no flickering. Might be a decent capture device for game videos? We shall see. If that doesn't work, at least my cat will become a star on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I started final fantasy yesterday, so I can post a review when I am done. I dont know how long it will take, so if someone wants to beat me to it go right ahead.

    On a side note: do you think there is a chance splinter cell will be released on the ps3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good Mark thanks! When you get that review done shoot me an email by clicking on my name under the Zombie Bloggers section of the site.

    As for the Splinter Cell release on PS3, I can only say eventually. The franchise was born on the original Xbox and that bond won't be broken. At least not yet. Sony did eventually get Splinter Cell Double Agent but that was a long time after the release date and I would look for the same thing to happen here. Especially if Ubisoft and MS rack in a bunch of money off of this one.

    ReplyDelete