Friday, March 19, 2010

Zombie News 6th Edition

Opening Groan

What a long week I had. Spending time away from home was brutal. I didn't have a bad trip, but I felt cut off from the world with out 24/7 Internet access. Sad I know. But I made it back in time for a relaxing weekend. On the gaming front, the plethora of games being released in the next few months is stacked with what should be fantastic games. We have Just Cause 2 being released this week. Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup, and NIER are all in April. Then we have Alan Wake, Prince of Persia, and Red Dead Redemption in May. If you ask me, that's a pretty impressive lineup. There are some potential award winners in the mix and quite frankly, it will be difficult to keep up with these titles. I would love to review them all, but with a full time job, and a baby on the way, I might need some help. On to the news!

Game News

Left 4 Dead character will die in the upcoming DLC campaign called "Nobody Lives Forever." No! I don't know if I like this!
IGN has a hands-on for a new game called Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Looks sweet! Could be cool.

Cool Stuff

Modern Warfare 2 picture packs and new theme release to Xbox Live today.

Other News

EA will bring Mirror's Edge game to iPhone. I loved the full game. Might have to try this.
Rumor mills are churning out Xbox 360 slim re-design, but nothing is in the pipe.
No way! Xbox 360 to allow non-proprietary storage options?

From the Horde

Zombie Reader Mark asked " I was wondering how multiplayer was for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3?" Well Mark, it's a mixed bag. Having played ample amounts on the 360 version and reading many comparisons between platforms (including PC) the multiplayer is still invigorating and addicting regardless of your system of choice. The problems that have been reported with the multiplayer have been in the code and not isolated to any one system. For the most part though the chatter has died down and things are better. That's not to say its perfect. All in all, its still a great shooter to play online and an experience not to be missed.


Last Gnaw

On my radar is a hands-on impression of the Splinter Cell: Conviction demo, and a review of God of War III. In addition, I will certainly be giving the new content for Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2 a whirl at the end of the month. I feel pretty busy already, and really this could be pretty difficult for me once my son is born. A little zombie will be joining us and we will have the beginnings of our very own horde! In any case, keep suggestions and questions coming in, and any volunteers to pick up the slack is appreciated. Just comment/email me about your interests and we will go from there. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment