Friday, February 19, 2010

Alan Wake Previews are Rolling in

A few websites (IGN and Destructoid) have posted previews of the upcoming Action-Thriller game Alan Wake. Due to release on May 18th the previews are very positive and I for one can not wait to get my hands on this one. Remedy is the developer behind the game and from the previous hits Max Payne 1 and 2 I can already see this one turning into a movie or spawning a book. The content described by the authors of the previews is just great and the story they describe is already pulling me in. The fact that the game is heavily inspired by TV shows like the X-Files and Twin Peaks is a plus in my book because I absolutely love the X-Files (original cast only. Mulder and Scully rule!). Stephen King novels are also a heavy influence, and lets face it that really turns this into a powerful mix of strange and frightening! Not to be left out though is the fact that Alan Wake is an action game too. From what the previews report, there is not shortage of action and that's a good thing because I don't want to watch endless cut scenes all the time. The team at Remedy has built this game for awhile and the polish shows in the screenshots. They built the Max Payne engine from scratch and this game was no different. They really stuck to their high standards. I am highly anticipating getting wrapped up in the story of Alan Wake come May. I would suggest that all GaMe ZoMbiEs give this one a try or you can wait for my review after it comes out. Have a good weekend ZoMbies!

No comments:

Post a Comment