Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bioshock 2 Multiplayer Details

I am a huge fan of the first Bioshock game. With its superb story elements and unique gameplay, Bioshock won me over in the first 10 minutes. After playing the first title I was wondering what it might be like to play against another player who was also equipped with a grenade launcher and telekinesis. While the Big Daddies in the game certainly kicked my but more than few times they only used physical weapons against me. When it was announced Bioshock 2 would include a multiplayer component I was stoked and worried. If the developer didn't approach the gameplay and balance correctly it could be a letdown. Now with OXM and IGN, among others , posting their hands-on previews of the multiplayer modes, weapons, and gameplay I am looking forward to giving this a whirl for myself. Players will be able to wield guns in traditional Bioshock style and slot two plasmids into their loadout. Some plasmid powers are unique to multiplayer, like the Houdini plasmid that lets you go invisible for a short while (good for sneaking up on enemies), while others like incinerate are available in the single-player campaign. The combinations sound extremely fun. I am still cautiously optimistic on how it plays out though. While I don't expect a Modern Warfare 2 arcade-like experience I do hope its intense and smartly crafted to make strategy a requirement. Bioshock 2 releases on Feb 9th. Look for my review later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment