Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aliens vs. Predator Demo is Boring

I decided to try out the AvP multiplayer demo yesterday, and honestly I was bored with it after 10 minutes. It's missing something I can't quite put my finger on. I tried playing a few matches as a Predator and as an Alien. Truthfully I didn't even try the marine because, lets face it, the AvP theme here is the draw not the puny humans. The predator starts with his claws and nothing else. I got pummeled by alien players and shot up by marine players a number of times before I finally gave up on finding a shoulder cannon some where. I did like the different vision modes the predator had and the cloaking feature was ok. In the end though, I just couldn't get into his abilities. Alien on the other hand was decent fun. They can run super fast in short bursts, and the ability to climb walls is wicked if not nausea inducing. The alien attacks were simple, light and heavy, and if you got close enough you could grab the other players and perform an instant death move. Overall I just couldn't get into the multiplayer. It all just felt really drab and lacked the oomph I was hoping for. I hope the singleplayer mode is much better than this. I know its just a demo, but the release is a month away and so far its multiplayer features are lacking. Its a shame because the AvP franchise really deserves a solid game.

No comments:

Post a Comment